Latest News

Fabulous !... Watch as Students of Walter Payton College Prep High School, Chicago render an Igbo Praise Song "Ulum di na enu igwe mara nma"


























This Video on Facebook was accompanied by an inspiring post by Joy Chiedu , who wrote :





During the first seven years of my life, I lived in Obosi with my grandmother. My grandfather, Dr. J.E Iweka, ran a flourishing medical practice in Onitsha, he lived in the penthouse of the hospital and Sundays were the days he visited with us at Obosi. 


Each sunday morning, after a hearty breakfast of eggs and sausages, I would stroll down the hill to attend Sunday school at St. Andrews Church Umuota, Obosi.

I liked Sunday school. I remember belting out those harmonious Igbo songs with great joy, knowing that when I got home, I would most likely be seeing Papa's white flat boot Mercedes in the driveway.
In October of 2015, when I went for Kiki's report card pick up, her Chorus teacher indicated an interest in doing a Nigerian song for their up coming spring concert, my mind quickly travelled back to my Sunday school days in Obosi and I said to her "I know just the right song for you, Ms. Johnson".
The girls and I put together one of my favorite Sunday school Igbo songs, with Kiki playing back up on the piano. Ms. Johnson fell in love with it, as did her students. Kiki said a good number of them would hum it along the hallway long after practice was over.
I'm proud to present to you today ,a rendition of "Ulum di na enu igwe mara nma" an Igbo praise song by the beginning chorus students of Walter Payton College Prep High School, Chicago.









What's Your Take on this Story . let us know below !


No comments:

Post a Comment

PATH FINDDAR Shared by Themes24x7 Copyright © 2014

Theme images by graphixel. Powered by Blogger.